Hey Hey It’s Saturday made its return to our small screens last night, on a Wednesday night!
After the success of last years cameo reunion specials, the Nine network was full support of a brand new series for the 2010 year.
They delivered a ten-episode package as part of the promise, and last night was the first of those.
So, how did it perform?
Well, to be honest, there was not much difference to the episodes we saw last year. And it did well without blowing Australia away the its awesomeness.
The regular segments, Red Faces, Plucka Duck, Phunny Fotos and even Ad Nauseum were all there, with the latter segment including two clients that had ads during the show’s run: Hungry Jacks and AAMI.
You could argue it was a cheap shot at product placement, but we will let it slide.
As for the host, Somers was in is element, while Ernie Carroll showed he still had the witty timing, even if Ozzie’s mouth wasn’t moving enough.
Livinia Nixon again showed she has comic repartee and proved to be an asset for the show, despite what many original thought.
In terms of ratings, Hey Hey did well drawing in 1.52 million viewers, slighter less than war series The Pacific, which drew in a bigger crowd.
But all in all, the ratings proved it’s success for new, we will have a better picture next week.
- Darryl Snubbed for Logie Nominations Darryl Somers may have already been ruled out of contention for a Logie in 2010...
- Hey Hey Left With Red Faces Hey Hey It’s Saturday were left red faced today after last nights Red Face’s segment...
- Hey Hey to Return in 2010 With 20 Eps Despite the controversy surrounding the ‘black face’ skit, Hey Hey it’s Saturday will be returning...
- Hey Hey Axing Angers Viewers Channel Nine viewers are threatening to boycott the network after last nights pulling of a...
- Hey Dad in Hot Water Former Aussie smash hit TV series Hey Dad, is back in the headlines this week...