Channel Seven’s challenge to Tens Master Chef, My Kitchen Rules has come and gone…. So, what’s the verdict???
Well, the good news is that the show did rate well in its debut season, peaking with a 1.5 million-viewer record for last night’s finale.
Every episode managed to stay above the magical 1 million-viewer mark, and for that reason alone, it is hard to say it wasn’t successful.
However, it is only when you compare it to MasterChef, and its success, that you start to see why it may not be all that crash hot.
Master Chef was the pioneer of cooking shows, and therefore will always be the benchmark and one to look up to.
It regularly got into the 2 million-viewer range, and blew the nation away when it drew in more than 3 million for its finale.
The show was the highest rating show on TV for the past few years, and was just reward for the producers of the show, who took an out there idea and went with it.
Fr those of you who didn’t watch it, Veronica and Shadi Abraham were the winners of the first season, taking home with them a $100,000 cheque – which they were entitled to only if they kept their triumph secret for the three months after the series had finished filming.
“The secret was a big challenge to keep to ourselves, especially because we both have big families and lots of friends who wanted to know how we did,” Shadi said.
“It was a hard secret to keep but we weren’t going to risk getting into trouble over that.”
Meantime, while My Kitchen Rules wraps things up, Tens Master Chef is just getting ready for another assault on our small screens.
- My Kitchen Rules Just Passes on First Week After all the hype about Seven’s new challenge to rival cooking show MasterChef, the results...
- Master Chef Announce Top 50 With My Kitchen Rules out of the way, Channel Ten have now served out news...
- MasterChef 2010 Series Return MasterChef is back!!!! This time even with a vengeance as it had a stellar premiere...
- Seven and Nine to Rival Master Chef Rival television networks, Seven and Nine, plan to cash in on the success of Channel...
- The Inbetweeners The Inbetweeners is one of the UK’s best comedy series and one that is slowly...